Terms and Conditions
This rate quote is based on the information you provided when you requested your rate quote. Please review the shipment information for accuracy. Additional charges may apply for extra services, such as changes in product classification or increased weight. If you have any questions about this quotation please contact your sales representative or email us at email@example.com. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate billing in the transportation industry. Please refer to the notes below.
- Quotes are valid for 14 days from the quote date and are based on information provided and are subject to equipment availability.
- Please notify SmarteFreight immediately if any specific delivery requirements and the consequences for non-performance. In the absence of prior notice, claims for special damages generally will not be considered by the carrier.
- Payment is required within 30 days of receiving invoice.
- Rates are subject to applicable taxes imposed by the jurisdictional Province.
- Rates do not imply guaranteed service in any way. SmarteFreight will not be liable for any penalty charges incurred resulting from missed appointments or late charges.
- Rates are quoted based on a loading/unloading allowance of half hour for LTL and 1 hour for TL. Additional time is accessed at $75 per hour, billed in 15-minute increments.
- Maximum liability limited to $2.00/pound per shipment. Please contact SmarteFreight immediately for shipments that exceed this liability limitation to ensure that your shipment is adequately insured. Supplemental insurance is available upon request.
- All freight claims must be presented to the carrier within nine (9) months of the delivery date. SmarteFreight and the carrier must be notified immediately of all concealed damages and in no case later than fifteen (15) days of delivery date for any cargo claims to be considered.
- All freight charges must be paid irrespective of the outcome of any alleged freight claim. Transportation services provided herein and resultant cargo claims are two (2) separate matters and accordingly, freight charges may not be offset against an alleged cargo claim.
- The venue and jurisdiction for any dispute arising out of this agreement and/or relationship between SmarteFreight and other parties to this agreement including but not limited to disputes over individual shipments, shall be brought in the court in the local district of SmarteFreight.
- Rates are subject to fuel surcharge in effect at time of shipping.
- Unless otherwise stated accessorial charges such as, private residence, cod, temperature-controlled service, dangerous goods, etc., are not included in rates.
- Carrier will bill SmarteFreight directly for all services provided unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
- Freight charges will be submitted to SmarteFreight with a bill of lading and will be paid within 30 days of receipt of freight bill.
- Carrier will be responsible for verifying piece counts at the time of pick up. Discrepancies will be reported within 48 hours of pick up. Notations such as SLC (shipper load and count) and SWP (shrink wrap pallet) will not insulate carrier from liability in the event of a cargo claim.
- Carrier agrees to provide cargo insurance in the amount listed above and a minimum of $250,000 (CND) to compensate owner of property in the event of loss or damage. Carrier also agrees to provide a current certificate of cargo insurance with SmarteFreight named as the certificate holder. In the event of a cargo claim, carrier will be liable for the full invoice value of the loss.
- Transportation services requested herein will be provided by the carrier named above. This shipment may not be tendered to another carrier, brokered out, sub hauled, etc. without written consent by SmarteFreight.
- Carrier specifically agrees that all freight tendered to it under this agreement shall be transported on equipment operated only under the authority of the Carrier and shall not in any manner sub contract, broker, or in any other form arrange for the freight to be transported by a third party.
- Shipment will be delivered on a non-revenue bill and in no case will freight charges be accessible to anyone other than SmarteFreight.
- Carrier will not solicit freight from any parties to this shipment for a period of six (6) months. Carrier acknowledges that this constitutes a “No back-solicitation clause”.
- Carriers consent to pick up shipment acknowledges and constitutes carrier’s acceptance of the terms and conditions outlined herein.
- All cargo claims will be presented to carrier within nine (9) months of delivery, expected delivery, or loss or damage. Concealed damage claims will be reported to the carrier within 15 days of delivery. Carrier agrees to acknowledge and respond to claims presented in a timely manner in accordance with guidelines established in NMF 100.
- Carrier agrees to deliver freight and adhere to transit times requested herein. In the event of delay, the carrier will notify SmarteFreight as soon as possible.
- The venue and jurisdiction for any dispute arising from this agreement and/or relationship between SmarteFreight and other parties to this agreement, including but not limited to disputes over individual shipments, shall be brought in the courts in the local district of SmarteFreight.